- Brown wool blend felt, cut into long 1/2" wide strips, about 12" or as along as possible
- Green wool blend felt, cut into simple leaf shapes, about 1" wide and 2" long (I used about 44 leaves in various greens)
- Small felt balls, or beads, in blue or whatever color you'd like (I used about 16)
- Craft glue, I like Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Wooden 9" embroidery hoop (just the inner or outer hoop will do)
- Clear monofilament line and a needle
If you've used the inner hoop for your wreath, repeat this process at the top of the hoop to create a 6-8" hanger for the wreath. If you're using the outer hoop, you can string the line through the loops of the hardware, after removing the screw.
Ta dah! I think this will look so pretty hanging in a doorway or a bay window. The dove and the wreath turn independently with a nice gentle movement (which makes it really hard to photograph, by the way). There are so many variations you can make with this idea! And since this wreath only uses one hoop of the pair, you can make two: one to give and one to keep.
Remember, if you would like to make the dove for this wreath and haven't joined the Holiday Stitch-along Ornament Club yet, you can do so now! The next ornament reveal is coming October 7th and I think you are going to love it!