- 1/2″ diameter jingle bell
- 2 colorful felt balls, 3/4″ (2 cm) in diameter (my fave places to buy felt balls are Ornamentea and Feltorama.)
- 2 1/4″ circle of tan or brown felt, cut with pinking shears
- Embroidery floss
- 16″ length of 1/8″ wide ribbon
- Crafts glue
- Needle and thread
- Straight pin
2) Roll circle into a cone shape (keeping knots from your stitching on the inside of the cone) with a point at one end and about a 3/4″ diameter opening at the other end. Apply glue between the overlap and hold with a pin until dry.
3) Thread a 10″ length of ribbon through the metal bell loop and knot to create the ornament hanger. With needle and thread sew one felt ball on top of the other by stitching up through the center of each ball. Sew the jingle bell on top of the stacked felt balls. Stitch through balls and bell several times to secure.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. This design was inspired by one of my new sewing patterns, the Sweet Shoppe Ornament Set, that I previewed at Quilt Market. It’s being printed this month and will be available in early December. Stay tuned for more details I’ll be sharing with you soon.
I want to thank you so much for being part of my blog world and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!